Social Media is a must for today’s organisations. While many businesses have set up their Facebook and Twitter channels few have thought about what happens next.
This workshop introduces a low risk, gradual approach to social media from no exposure to complete immersion helping you develop, implement and measure the next steps.
Who should attend?
- Marketing Executives
- Marketing Managers
- Those responsible for managing communities
- Business owners
- Communications professionals
By the end of this course, you will learn:
- Key differences between social media and traditional marketing
- Why social media works the way it does and what users expect from you
- How Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Blogs work and what they are used for
- How to develop a simple but effective social media engagement strategy
- How to start monitoring social media conversations
- Why having social media guidelines for your staff is essential and what to put in them
- A measurement framework to ensure you’re tracking your social media investment
The course content will combine presentations, discussion and practical exercises on the following topics:
- The building blocks of social media
- What the social media landscape means for organisations
- An introduction to the key social media platforms: Blogs, Forums, personal social networks, business social networks, microblogs, geosocial networks
- Social media strategy in three steps
- Listen – monitoring social conversations
- Respond – engaging with your audiences
- Drive – running campaigns and starting conversations
- A framework for measuring your social media progress
- Social media within your organisation
Your Google ranking course presenter is Ifthi Idris, a highly experienced and qualified IT professional specialising in social media marketing and search engine optimisation.
With 22 years of wide-ranging international experience in IT and the internet, Ifthi has worked internationally in a number of countries, promoting and presenting internet marketing solutions seminars and workshops to audiences of up to 400 attendees.
Ifthi is Business Director for Smart Business Consultancy NZ Ltd., while also advising several well-respected New Zealand organisations including the New Zealand School of Business and Government, Shout Group; and Bigdreams Solutions (MYOB Training) as an e-marketing consultant.
Currently working with the local real estate community to expand their uptake and understanding of the business development opportunities available via social media marketing, Ifthi contributes up-to-date insider knowledge to help agencies successfully market themselves online. In a five month period this year, he secured Google #1 ranking for a Wellington real estate client for ultra-desirable keywords such as “Wellington Properties for Sale” , “Wellington Property” and many more.
Ifthi previously worked for 16 months as an e-Marketing Consultant for the New Zealand School of Business and Government (‘SGB), implementing new online marketing strategies that boosted traffic to the SBG campus site to more than 10,000 monthly unique visitors within eight months.
Before working with SBG Ifthi was employed for 9 years as a Business Development Manager and Sales Consultant for a New Zealand internet marketing consultancy, promoting and implementing website content management systems, blog marketing, video marketing, search engine optimisation and e-marketing solutions for clients across New Zealand and South East Asia.
Some of our workshops held previously
Please fill the following form to send your interest on our workshop programs.
The information and data (“personal data”) which is provided by you in connection with this website will be held on the computers and manual records of, and will be used by, Smart Business Consultancy New Zealand Limited (SBC NZ Ltd). SBC NZ Ltd is bound by the Privacy Act 1993 and the The Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. Occasionally SBC NZ Ltd will contact you to customise its services, and to tell you about new features or services.